If you would like any information regarding any of Epsom and Ewell Art Group exhibitions, please contact
Richard Seymour (Chairman) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an e-mail reminder when our exhibitions are happening, please use the 'Contact us' page of this web site.
Our exhibitions in 2015
Don't forget to make a note in your diary!
Presentation of paintings for exhibitions
The Hanging Committee
When you submit a framed painting to be hung at one of our exhibitions, the hanging committee will be more interested in the back than the front. If your framing doesn't meet their standards, you will need to correct what's wrong before re-submitting it. These guidelines will help you get the presentation right first time.
1. Frames should be in good condition, with good mitres.
2. We recommend that you don't use non-reflective glass as it tends to make the pictures look a bit dull.
3. Use thick cardboard or hardboard for the backing board.
4. Make sure that your painting and backing board (and glass if used) are firmly held in place in the frame with clips or glazier's diamonds.
5. Use gum strip or framers self-adhesive tape to seal the backing board.
6. Screw D rings approximately 1/3rd of the way down the side of the frame. Tie nylon cord taut between them.
7. If your frame is narrow, you can fix the D rings to the backing board using special rivets.
Paintings for the browser
All paintings for the browser must be covered neatly in cellophane
Stick a label on the front top left-hand corner with the painting number, your name, painting title and price.